LRTA Links: Commercial Sites
Any and all possible commercially oriented sites related to urban transit. Includes sites which sell books, videos, and similar materials.
Note that these are supplied purely for information only - no endorsement or connection with LRTA is implied.
- Mer Mec - Based in Monopoli, Mer Mec supplies a variety of railway maintenance cars (for track and overhead) and measuring systems (for track geometry, overhead line wear, ride quality, etc.) plus related maintenance and software worldwide. The site provides extensive details on the vehicles (plus customization options) and other product services plus a brief history of the company (since its founding in the 1960s as Meridional Meccanica), its R&D activities, as was well as contact and other business related information.
- TrafficLinq - Find Pictures -
Associated with the Dutch-specific variant of the TrafficLinq International site, this site provides a library of transportation-related pictures covering all modes and organized into categories with emphasis on Dutch scenes. Medium-resolution downloads are free (with registration) for limited use, high-resolution photos may be ordered for a fee. In Dutch and English.
- Parry People Movers - Well known to readers of T&UT, Parry People Movers pioneered the development of flywheel propulsion for light tramway systems in smaller towns and on regional railways. Their site provides a corporate overview, different product applications, news (in the form of the latest issue of their Parry News newsletter), plus an archive of press releases, newsletters and other publications.
- Rosehill Rail have been manufacturing rubber rail crossings since 1999; these panels are marketed worldwide through a network of international distributors. The site explains the benefits of rubber crossings along with what makes their designs unique. In English; with brochures, product sheets and installation instructions that can be browsed and downloaded in English, French, German and Italian.
- Stored Energy Technology - Based in Derby, SET in developing high efficiency energy saving designs for light rail and other transit system vehicles.
- Tramscape - Publisher of more than 25,000 tramway photographs, all available as JPG files (by email) and many available as prints. Coverage is worldwide with heavy emphasis on Europe. Site has completely indexed catalog (with captions and sample photos) and a downloadable version in Excel format.
- Transport & Training Services Group - Transport & Training Services offer courses in many areas of the transport industry. They also supply fleet management and tachograph analysis to many large fleet operators.
Temporary holding page in place 27 September 2014
- railpub.com - "Your source for back issue rail magazines, rail related books and prototype publications"
- Stone Consulting & Design - "Consultants to the Railroad Industry" with expertise in the design, engineering, development, and operation of rail, tram, and industrial development projects and who are dedicated to the promotion of cost effective transportation solutions using heritage trams. Site provides company profile, description of thier areas of expertise, and overviews of their recent consulting projects (including nicely illustrated brochures on the Kenosha Streetcar as well as other historic trolley projects proposed/developing in the US and Canada).
- trainbooks.com - Extensive range of new and collectable books, collectable magazines, videos, timetables, and models relating to electric traction (including trolley/streetcar and interurban systems) and railroading in the US.
Commercial Sites: top