LRTA Links: Professional Organisation Sites
Organisations and associations devoted to the transit industry and/or transit operations. Include organizations made up of individuals as well as those whose "members" are transit system operators or transit industry companies. Also includes trade/industry associations devoted to urban transit.
Note: For enthusiast organizations, see the Personal and Club Sites section.
- American Public Transportation Association - APTA membership is made up of organizations which develop and operate transit systems in the US and Canada plus government agencies, academic institutions, and private businesses which supply products and services to the transit industry.
- Asociación Latinoamericana de Metros y Subterráneos - ALAMYS is a non-profit organization which facilitates the interchange of technical and operational information related to subway, surface, and elevated urban rail transit systems among its members - the metro and subway operating companies of Latin American and the Iberian Peninsula. In Spanish, Portuguese and less extensive English.
- Association of Transport Co-ordinating Officers - This was formed in 1974 to bring together local authority officers whose work involved what were then new county council responsibilities for passenger transport. Promoting partnership and engagement, ATCO members include staff directly concerned with strategic policy development and implementation for securing of passenger transport services for a wide range of public authorities.
- Canadian Urban Transit Association - The official site of the main Canadian urban transit organization. Choice of English or French language versions.
- Railway Association of Canada - Site for the industry association of more than 50 freight and passenger railroads serving Canada. There's plenty of background information on the role of railroads in Canadian life as well as a membership list with links to most member railroad websites. There are also specific sections devoted to Publications (many downloadable including their Interchange newsletter, others available for purchase), to Regulatory Affairs and related legislation, and to Dangerous Goods practices and related legislation. In English or French.
- UITP - International Association of Public Transport - The main international organization for urban transit operators and undertakings.
- VDV - Verband Deutscher Verkehrsunternemen - The main German public transport organization. A large and comprehensive site. In German.
Personal and Club Sites: top